Shakeology is a meal replacement powder created by Beachbody that will improve health, boost energy, and promote weight loss while nourishing the body with essential vitamins and minerals. The instructions on the label of each Shakeology product recommend blending the mix with ice and a beverage of choice. Although most people would prefer to keep it simple, the powder can also be used in many recipes. The ideas have no limit!
Here are UTHFA’s favorite Shakeology smoothie recipes. These are the ingredients to be mixed well in a blender. Please note, you can substitute almond or soy milk with regular milk. You can also add ice if desired.
Apple Cinnamon Shakeology
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology mix
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Dash of ground cinnamon (optional)
Strawberry Delight Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Strawberry Shakeology
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup of chilled coffee
- 1 scoop Cafe Latte or Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 tablespoon melted dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pumpkin Spice Shakeology
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
Alternatively, you may want to experiment with Shakeology beyond smoothies and shakes. Here are our favorite food recipes:
Chocolate Shakeology Oatmeal
- 1 serving of quick oats
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Cook the oatmeal according to package instructions.
- Mix in the peanut butter.
- When the oatmeal has cooled, add the Shakeology, banana, and honey. Enjoy!
Vanilla Shakeology Pineapple Balls
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Shakeology
- Combine the water and pineapple in a bowl and microwave for 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Blend this mixture in a blender.
- Combine the pineapple mixture with chopped macadamia nuts, coconut, and Shakeology mix.
- Roll the sticky wet mixture into balls, ~1 inch in diameter. Sprinkle with more shredded coconut. Enjoy!
To read a full review of Shakeology, click here.