Although DDP originally created this program for athletes who, like himself, suffered injuries due to high impact sports, he soon learned of the benefits of his routines to all men and women who want to lose weight and gain muscle tone. DDP aims to draw in men and women with its high intensity and volume, so if you’re looking for a slow, spiritual meditation session, look elsewhere.
Who is DDP?
Diamond Dallas Page is an American semi-retired professional wrestler. After suffering from ruptures to his L4/L5 spinal discs in 1998, he was told by doctors that he would never wrestle again. Fighting to keep his dream alive, he discovered the health benefits of yoga through his former wife, Kimberly. He used his experience in many areas of fitness to develop exercise routines which combine elements of yoga with traditional workout principles. His routines helped him get back to the ring and win 3 WCW World Heavyweight Championships.
Furthermore, DDP saw that his program can be used by anyone for low-impact exercise which will increase flexibility, improve body tone, and promote weight loss. For the past decade, DDP has refined his program and has motivated others to get healthy.
The key benefits of DDP yoga for non-athletes are:
- Weight loss. Although the program was not designed for this program, it’s easy to see how a combination of yoga, strength-training, and cardio will inevitably help you burn calories and lose weight.
- Flexibility. DDP has created some signature moves that you may have heard of. “Diamond Cutter” focuses on the spine and improves posture. Moves like “Can Opener” and “Figure 4” help open up the hips. At the end of each workout, instead of feeling exhausted and sluggish, you will feel energized and mobile.
- Increased strength. DDP Yoga does not forego strength training. In fact, DDP puts a creative spin on traditional exercises like push-ups to help maximize the results of the workout.
Why DDP Yoga is Unique
- Low-impact. This may be the most important benefit of all. The program creates a high-intensity workout with low impact on the joints. Many people want to stay fit and healthy but cannot bear jumping, running, etc. Many others simply do not want to cause injury or bring themselves to the point where they feel like they will collapse. DDP Yoga helps target all muscle groups without causing too much strain. Alternatively, if you are looking for more intense exercise and don’t mind high-impact, look into the Insanity Workout. To read a comparison review between DDP Yoga and the Insanity workout, click here.
- Anyone can do it. DDP Yoga can be modified to be easier for beginners and injured individuals or more challenging for the ultimate athletes. Currently, it is being used by professional athletes and everyday people like us.
Ignition into Touchdown with Diamond Cutter
This is a combination move which incorporates the signature DDP pose – the “Diamond Cutter.”
Here is a preview of one of the workouts in the program:
- Program/Nutrition Guide
- Poster of Yoga Postures
- 2 packs of DVDs:
- Pack 1: 6 beginner to advanced workouts
- Pack 2: 5 intermediate to advanced workouts
- mp3 versions of all workouts
Feel free to leave a review for DDP Yoga here. Please use proper grammar.
Worst "yoga" ever
I followed the program for 3 months and didn't see results. I then gave Yoga Burn a try, and in the first month alone got more results than I did in 5 months of doing DDP Yoga.
Also, it really annoys me how DDP tries to make the exercises more interesting by making them sound cool. Well, it doesn't work. In fact, it's lame!
Great to do as a couple
My wife and I have been doing this program together for the last two months. It is a great workout to do especially as a couple that motivates each other to exercise even when feeling tired or likely to skip a session. After only 7 weeks of a 39 week course we are stronger, happier, fitter, and healthier than ever before. Note: we did not introduce any other big lifestyle changes.
I love DDP yoga. I like that Dallas is very energetic and sometimes shouts. Some yoga instructors just make me want to sleep, but not Dallas. Mostly I use the exercises for therapy for my back, neck, and shoulder pain. These DVDs help me more than the physiotherapy my doctor sent me to. It also helps align the spine.
Kind of easy but ok
I should have seen this coming based on the reviews, but I found this too easy. I will look into something with higher intensity, like Insanity or p90x. But, if you want low to moderate intensity workouts this will suit you.
It's what I was looking for!
I don't like high-impact exercise that involves running and jumping. I was looking for a workout I could do from home that would make me sweat without making me feel like I was going to die. This is it! I can definitely see myself doing this for the rest of my life without feeling exhausted, but at the same time I feel challenged enough.
DDP Yoga – Reviews rated 3.6/5 based on 20 reviews.